Maybe we’ll just send all future “invading” illegal aliens into space in an “empty barrel” provided by our new “Space Force”………
(On the other hand, then who’ll clean all our fancy homes and hotels, tend our gardens, pick and process our food, work in our favorite fancy restaurant kitchens, watch our children, and clean our rear ends in ritzy nursing homes?)
Hmmm, that is a conundrum…….
(Try one or more of these every day for a few days. Then make them part of your life. )
– Stop what you are doing
– Breathe deeply
– Close your eyes and listen closely
– Choose any random sound
– Keep breathing deeply while focusing on that sound
– Don’t interpret or “wonder” about it, just let yourself feel the sound
(If you’re in a very noisy place let yourself/your attention move on from sound to sound w/out attachment or preference, feeling each as it catches your ear. If your phone rings don’t answer, just listen to the sound w/out worrying about who it might be. They can call back! Or if someone wants your attention, just smile at them and don’t respond in any other way.
– Now open your eyes
– Pick the first thing that catches your eye and really See it: its form, color, texture, anything unique about it. Don’t name it, identify it, evaluate it, or create a “story” in your mind about it. Just let it be.
– If your mind races from one thing to another, take deep breaths and find the still point within you. It is there! (Maybe you’ve just lost track of it.)
– Return to Seeing
– Feel your body as it is in this moment
– Whatever catches your attention is worthy of a moment’s focus: if it’s a pain or discomfort don’t resist it, rather move toward it, move into it. (You’ll be surprised that instead of getting “worse”, it will lessen or ease away completely!)
– Touch part of your body. Remember, no judgment, no “story”, just Feel it.
– Pick another part and do the same thing. Feel some parts you don’t like so much and try not to judge. Pretty amazing stuff we’re made of, huh?
– Touch something familiar (some fabric, fur on your pet, skin of a fruit, metal, glass, a leaf, wood, whatever is available.)
– Close your eyes and really feel it.
– Now touch something unfamiliar. Can you believe the diversity that exists, how much different “stuff” there is?
– Next time you eat, try to actually taste the food, feel its texture, temperature etc.
– Chew slowly, and pay attention to each different food, or the mixed flavors in something like a sandwich or soup.
– Next check out other people……..familiar and unfamiliar: around you, near you, close to you; in photos, videos, books. Rather than liking or disliking what you see, examine the myriad details that add up to this unique being, the elements that create this complete “individual”: hair color & texture, skin tone, eye color, body shape, nose and mouth shape.
– Think about what’s under their skin, and how all of us are made of the same stuff with slight variations under that paper-thin veneer.
– Pay attention – be aware of each precious moment because it will never be repeated.
– Appreciate what you have rather than focusing on what you don’t have; be grateful.
– Appreciate what’s “right”, rather than obsessing about what’s “wrong”.
– Remember that we exist against all odds on this tiny little planet, one of many, in this one solar system among billions, which is in one galaxy among billions, in a universe which may not have any boundaries at all, and which may also just be one of another billion universes – we just don’t know!
Oh, and don’t forget to remember all this……like I usually do (;-)
Briskly walking, I feel the needling wind prickling my skin, anesthetizing my ears, stinging my eyes.
My senses awaken.
As I run, freedom rises through my feet, rushes up my legs into my stomach, my lungs, my head.
I am lifting, rising, soaring, becoming one with the air and sky.
I glide and look down to see the world miniaturized.
I cannot see the craziness – I am above it, beyond it. Instead I see color, symmetry, pattern, texture.
Pleasure warms me, flowing through my veins, giving me energy to dip and dive, rise and fall with the currents.
My solitude is joy and peace instead of pain, and I soar into infinity.
So, whatever modicum of empathy I’d held in reserve for Melania Trump (on the supposition that she could be a decent human being, held hostage by her monstrous husband) has now, of course, evaporated in the harsh heat of a Texas desert.
“Tone deaf” doesn’t remotely begin to describe what she did by wearing that jacket. It was a vile mockery of anyone who actually does care, has a heart, and basic decency. What exactly was the point of going to Texas anyway?
So it turns out these two deserve each other. And now it all makes sense: how she’s “tolerated” his cheating, lies, blind self-absorption, racism, unlimited and deliberate ignorance etc etc. Apparently she’s the same in many ways.
(She once said he reminds her of her father, and I wondered what that meant. Now I know – she admires them both.)
And look at the children these two have spawned: their Baron, a withdrawn and odd youngest child. And by the Donald with his other two wives: Don Jr, a bloodthirsty exterminator of innocent animals and the truth; Eric, the “loser” every one mocks (might he actually have escaped the destiny of being the horrible human being his father wanted him to be?); Ivanka, the robotic, materialistic phony; and the other daughter (what’s her name again?) basically cast aside, likely because she was too loyal to her mother – the middle wife, Marla, what ever happened to her anyway?
I’ve always thought there was something a bit “witchy” (no offense all good witches out there) about Melania – something lurking under that mask of self-containment. She probably has a few million-dollar, gold-plated brooms hidden in her closets which are likely the size of small apartments. I just wish she’d hop on one and go back to where she came from. Because personally I welcome far more warmly all the “illegal aliens invading” our country from shithole countries far more than I do people like her. (Oh, and please for the love of Pete, take that jerk in the now orange-tainted White House with you!)
Guess it may be time to take the bodhi out of my email address. I’ve obviously been poisoned by their choleric (un-drained) swamp.
Some great new monikers seen online for derTrumpinator:
(from Murfster35 at Daily Kos):
Trumpelthinskin (another fav)
as for his crew:
Blarah Flackabee Slanders
Mitch “Yertl the Turtle”
Trump’s Hole-in-the-ass gang
Insane Klown Possie
The SS Trumptanic
America’s Funniest Home Attorney, Mikey “The Mope” Cohen
Donnie Redux/Dimwit Deux